21.04.2014

2014 SPRINGTIME FAVORITES: NAIL POLISH



Spring. Pastels. Nail polish. Yes.

Springtime calls for pastels and bright colors, especially when it comes to your mani and pedi. It's time to bring out your old spring/summer favorites or invest in some new colors this season. I personally always go towards Essie's color selection, because they have a nice variety to match warm and cold skintones, and it's a brand that have ceased to fail me when it comes to quality and colors that appeal to me. 

These are my favorite polishes this season
   From left: Tart Deco, Mint Candy Apple, Romper Room, Go Ginza, Lovie Dovie, Rock The Boat and Fiji.
Tart Deco: An oldie, but a goodie. This one is a spring/summer essential to me because it looks amazing on tanned skintones. Summer for me is suntanned legs and Tart Deco for my pedicure. It'a a bright creamy coral color and quite opaque. Two coats and you're ready to go.

Mint Candy Apple: New fave. Minty light green color. It's actually the first mint coloured nail polish I felt like I could wear without looking washed out or too extreme. It's a delicate color. And if you can't get your hands on this one, I recommend Essie's Fashion Playground instead. One coat worked fine for me.

Romper Room: Now this one is a limited editon from the Hide & Go Chic spring 2014 collection, and that makes me sad because this is such a beautiful perfect opaque creamy nude pink. The color I've been searching for all my life. Makes your nails look perfectly manicured in two coats.

Go Ginza: This one is apperantly from last year's spring collection Madison Ave-Hue, but I just recently found it. It's described as "a soft cherry blossom pink" by Essie, I see this one as more of a purple than pink. Just like Romper Room; it's a manicure in a bottle.

Lovie Dovie: The perfect bright pink and an all-year staple for me, but an summer essential like Tart Deco because it just pops when your skin is a bit suntanned. It's so opaque you'll only need one coat. Described as "a perfect true flamingo pink" by Essie, but most commonly known as Barbie pink. 

Rock The Boat: I bought this last summer when it came out in the Naught Nautical collection, I'm not sure if it's still available and but Essie's Truth Or Flare from this year's spring collection Hide & Go Chic is "similar". This one is a light true sky blue with small glitter particles. Two coats will give you a great opaque finish. 

Fiji: My all time favorite, my holy grail, a classic, but also a perfect summertime pastel. Fiji is really opaque, like no other nude pink nail polish I've ever tried. Goes with anything at any time. Classy, effortless and natural.

I will probably get my hands on Vices Versa from the 2014 Neon Collection as well. That one looks like nothing else I have in my nail polish collection. It's a neon lime green.

What is your personal favorite nail polish this spring/summer? 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar