30.05.2014

REVIEW: The Original BeautyBlender

The infamous Beauty Blender. Over-hyped or really great?

I bought this back in March, and I've been using it regularly ever since but not as much as I thought I would. And it's not that it's disappointing or bad, it's just not better than a really great face brush in my opinion...

But the awesome thing about this is that it is really great when you need to do a medium/full coverage base(foundation+concealer)in under a minute. You get a flawless finish in no time with the Beauty Blender. You only push the product on your skin and dab it out. It leaves a really pretty and dewy finish.

When it comes to cheaper dupes for this sponge; they do not work as well as the original Beauty Blender. That is my true opinion. They do not compare, and I have tried many dupe sponges. They usually have a completely different texture and they do not give you the same finish.

Cleaning this item is a challenge. Well, making it look clean is a challenge. It stains so bad. So bad. I clean mine with a gentle shampoo and it gets clean, but some stains do not go away at all. I have not tried the brand sponge cleanser, some say it does not work either for getting rid of stains. I personally do not care about the stains as long as it's clean.

Conclusion: I will say it's actually not over-hyped, but it will definitely not replace my staple foundation brush. But when I'm in a rush and need a flawless face, this one is my savior. I really really like the Beauty Blender and I will always have one at my disposal.


What do you think about the Beauty Blender?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar