17.05.2014

REVIEW: Real Techniques Core Collection, Starter Kit +++

Real Techniques is a makeup brush brand by well-known YouTubers Sam Chapman and Nic Chapman, better known as Pixiwoo. They offer a great range of makeup brushes of pretty good quality, and at a great price.

Since I recived these brushes, I have really gotten to know them well and how to use them in a way that works for me.

Here is my review on the Real Techniques brushes I own:
Core Collection: Contour Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Detailer Brush and Buffing Brush.

Contour Brush: I use this for my contouring, and it does the job well. Fits perfectly under my cheekbones and through the temples, as well as for defining my chin. This brush was really the only reason why I bought the Core Colletion set, and it was totally worth it. 

Pointed Foundation Brush: I don't use this one for my foundation, because it would be way too time consuming for applying foundation with. I perfer to use it for patting on my under eye concealer and highlighter.
Detailer Brush: Great for putting concealer on skin imperfections. Could also work as a lip brush, but I have decided to use it for concealing.
Buffing Brush: I've heard so much about this brush upon buying it, so I was really excited to try it out for my self. I have found this one useful for cream bronzer, liquid foundation and for blending out. I'm happy with the Buffing Brush, because it's a great multitasker. When applying foundation with this brush, it's important that you really work the product in to the skin for that perfect finish.

 Starter Kit: Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush, Accent Brush, Fine Liner Brush and Brow Brush.

Deluxe Crease Brush: At first I used this for blending out my under eye concealer, but recently I have found myself using it only for blending out my eyeshadows. I really don't know which purpose I perfer it for. I guess I would buy another Deluxe Crease Brush if they were sold individually, so that I could have one for both needs. 

Base Shadow Brush: I use this one for applying a light base shadow all over my lid. It's so soft and fluffy and perfectly sized for it's purpose. Really like this one.

Accent Brush: At first I used this for highlighting my inner corners and brow bones, but now I use this one for detaling work on my eyeshadow. It's great for really defined looks with sharp edges.

Fine Liner Brush: This one is pretty much like any other liner brushes, nothing special. I haven't even used this one that much, because I still perfer my MAC 209 for applying gel and cream liner.

Brow Brush: Now this is a slanted brow brush that can also be used as a liner brush. I use it for contouring my nose, because it's the perfect size for doing that and it's really dense.

 Separate/individual brushes from Real Techniques: Setting Brush, Expert Face Brush and Powder Brush.

Setting Brush: I just knew I had to have this. It's PERFECT for highlighting! And it's so cute and pink. I guess it could be used for contouring as well as for blending out under eye concealer. But this will for ever be my #1 highlighter brush.

Expert Face Brush: This was the first Real Techinques brush I got, and I have used it for about two and a half months now. It has become my absolute favorite for applying my foundation. This comes really close to knocking out my MAC 187(which is my #1 holy-grail-all-time-favorite-brush). My skin looks flawless when I use the Expert Face Brush.

Powder Brush: This one is massive. It's just a massive powder brush. Slightly to big for applying bronzer, even though I do apply bronzer with it, but great for slapping on some powder. It's soft, which is the only thing I could want from a powder brush, because I feel like most powder brushes scratches my skin and takes off my foundation.

I must say I'm quite impressed with Real Techniques brushes. The quality, the price, the way they look. The only thing I would want it that some of the brushes in the sets were sold seperatly, because f.ex the Deluxe Crease Brush and the Buffing Brush are multiaskers you would want to have more of in your brush collection(and always a clean one available for use). 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar